$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Natural History Museum of Vienna with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Vienna. Start your tour from the magnificent Entrance Hall and continue to discover the evolution of life on earth through the Museum’s exhibits.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Natural History Museum of Vienna with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Natural History Museum of Vienna is not included.
Giants of the Archipelago
The Komodo dragon holds the prestigious title of being the largest lizard species on the planet. Reaching lengths of up to ten feet and weighing over 150 pounds, these impressive creatures are true living relics, dating back millions of years. Their unique lineage and isolated habitat give us a very special glimpse into the past – they were literally around when giant reptiles ruled the world! As the average European explorer of the archipelago would testify “Here be dragons”!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Natural History Museum of Vienna not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Natural History Museum of Vienna (Maria-Theresien-Platz 1010 Vienna). The easiest way to get there is by taking the tube to Volkstheater station and walking for approximately 3 minutes. The tour ends at the Natural History Museum of Vienna entrance(Maria-Theresien-Platz 1010 Vienna) near the Volkstheater tube station(Volkstheater U, 1070 Wien, Austria).
Allosaurus | Reconstruction of Lucy | White Shark
Opening hours for Museum of Natural History Vienna
Recommended visiting hours
Thursday-Monday: 9 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
(last entrance half an hour before closing time)
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Natural History Museum of Vienna are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.”
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The entrance is free for Children and teenagers (under 19).
- People with disabilities with valid ID and registered accompanying persons are eligible for a discount.
- The Natural History Museum of Vienna is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The entrance for wheelchair users is the side entrance at Burgring 7, 1010 Wien, Austria.
- You can book a wheelchair by contacting the Natural History Museum of Vienna prior your visit
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!