From per person
At the beginning of autumn every year, the ancient Egyptian metropolis of Thebes was baskingin the vibe of the Opet Festival, as the city’s patron gods, and through them the Pharaoh, would rejuvenate themselves through a sacred union. And what would be more fitting for such a celebration of life than a grandiose temple ? This was Luxor Temple!
Waltz in the Luxor Temple with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Egypt. Start your tour from the Avenue of the Sphinxes and then continue to explore the entire complex and the breathtaking more than life-sized statues.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Luxor Temple with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Luxor Temple is not included.
Situated in the modern city of Luxor, the temple is accessible via the ticket office on Mabad Al Oksor Road, just northwest the Ahmad Negm Mosque. Feel free to listen to these following stories on your way there, or before entering, to provide you with some background.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Luxor Temple
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
Directions to starting point
The Luxor Temple is located in Corniche an-Nil, at the East Bank of the Nile, Luxor.
Open daily. Oct – Apr: 6am – 9pm; May – Sept 6am – 10pm; Ramadan 6am – 6:30pm and 8pm – 11pm
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Luxor Temple are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
The Luxor temple is wheelchair accessible even though some parts are difficult to reach them.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
- The ideal time to visit the temple is early morning or early evening
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Amandine Marshall / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Amandine Marshall/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © François Gourdon / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © François Gourdon / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © François Gourdon / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 13: © François Gourdon / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!