$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Jerónimos Monastery with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Lisbon. Start your tour from the elaborate southern portal of the monastery and then continue to explore its interior and the mesmerizing decorations. ..
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Jerónimos Monastery with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Jerónimos Monastery is not included.
(Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.)
The Chapel of Saint Mary of Bethlehem
Just west of this spot is the neighborhood of Restelo. Centuries ago this was a small village in its own right, from where Portuguese Caravel ships departed. Restelo was also home to a small chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary. In the 1400s, it was enlarged as devotion to it grew. You see, Mary was the protector of sailors. It was there, on the beaches of Belém that King Manuel I decided to found a great monastery – one which symbolized an expanding Christian Empire, as well as his own royal prowess.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Jerónimos Monastery
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Jerónimos Monastery (Praça do Império 1400-206 Lisboa). The easiest way to get there is to take public transport. You get the local train from Cais do Sodre or the tram 15 (stop Belem).
Opening hours for Jerónimos Monastery
Recommended visiting hours
October to April: 10.00 – 17:30
May to September: 10.00 – 18:30
The attractions start to close 30 minutes before the closing time.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Jerónimos Monastery are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The Monastery is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Off-shoulder tops and dresses are not recommended. Ensure that you cover your shoulders at all times on your visit to the monastery.
- It is recommended not to wear knee-high shorts. Your knees must be covered inside the monastery.
- Wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.