If you stroll through the places where Leonidas forced back the Persians, and later where the Resistance acted similarly against the Germans, you can see antiquated churches standing behind waterfalls, medieval castles guarding the fairies of Ypati and ancient cities that reveals the secret of Hellen.
- Monastery of Sotiros
- Thermopylae (the monument)
- Thermopylae information center
- Mendenitsa Castle
- Sacred Convent of Damasta
- Monastery of Saint Vlassios
- The castle of Lamia
- The metropolitan church of Lamia
- The Church of Saint Sophia of Ypati
- The Church of Saint Nicolas of Ypati
- Byzantine Museum of Fthiotida
- Ypati Castle
- The plane tree forest of Sperchios
- Acropolis of Ancient Melitaia
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (better before sunset)
Ticket for the archaeological sites and museums is not included.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!