Experience at your own pace the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel. Get this skip the line e-ticket combined with an immersive self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the audio tour on your smartphone and enjoy a hassle-free visit in one of the world’s busiest attractions. Set out on a riveting journey through religious history and art.
Starting your tour, you’ll enjoy the marvelous view and enter the pinecone courtyard. Once you’ve marveled at the alluring beauty of the bronze pinecone statue, you will re-enter the Museums to enjoy a fascinating tour throughout the centuries.
You’ll explore sites of mesmerizing beauty. Some of them are the Greek Cross Room, the Gallery of the Candelabras, Raphael’s Rooms, the Gallery of the Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the contemporary art apartments among many more. Also, the Sistine Chapel, where you’ll marvel at Michelangelo’s masterpiece “The Creation of Adam”.
This product offers an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the exhibits, through an engrossing storytelling concept, combined with fast-track entry to the Vatican Museums.
Select date and participants
Contributors and Bibliography
Tour author: Ami Badami
I am an internal and authorized tour guide for the Vatican, Vatican City Europe, and professional artist. In the mornings I take people through Michelangelo’s masterpieces….the evenings, embark on my own artistic journey.
- Entrance fee/ adult e-ticket to the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel (e-ticket sent to your email)
- Skip-the-line Service (e-ticket sent to your email by Clio Muse)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a skip-the-line e-ticket & a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone.
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions for your tickets and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- It’s mandatory to provide all participants’ full names during the booking process in order to issue the Skip-the-line e-tickets for the Vatican Museums.
- Children 0-6 years old are eligible for free admission and can enter the museums with priority access accompanied by an adult with a skip-the-line ticket
- Visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74 %, are eligible for free admission. Free tickets cannot be booked online but are instead issued in the entrance hall of the Vatican Museums.
- Please consider that reduced tickets are available for children 6-18 years old and EU citizens 18-25 years old but are not provided
Know before you go
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the Vatican Museums. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Please note that travelers need to arrive at least 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated from the Vatican
- On the day of your visit please proceed to the special ‘pre-booked’ queue located on the right side of the main north entrance. You will need to present your ticket and ID
- Skip the line and proceed to the validating machines to scan your tickets. Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Kindly note that every day the Vatican Museums welcome an average of 27 thousand visitors. Delays may occur even for pre-booked visitors, but this is still the speediest entry to the Museums
- The Vatican museums are generally accessible to visitors with mobility problems and offer free wheelchair hire from the cloakroom (subject to availability). Kindly note that to hire a wheelchair, it is necessary to present a valid identity document and deposit
- Please consider that parts of the Museums covered by the audio tour, the Pio Clementine Gallery, the Gallery of the Candelabras, the Borgia Apartments and the Contemporary Art Collection, in particular, are not wheelchair accessible
- The audio tour can be used anytime. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
Directions to Starting Point
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.