The tour is an exploration of the Western Hills of Athens and the scenic neighbourhood of Theseio. It will take you on a journey from ancient Greek myth to the birth of astronomical observation in modern Greece. You will be inspired to look up at the sky, re-enchanted by the wonders of the shimmering, expansive cosmos of which we are a part.
I am a historian from Athens with an MA in Creative Writing currently working as a freelance writer and editor. My PhD research concentrates on the representation of the past in immersive media.
The sign indicating the entrance of the archaeological site of the Hill of the Muses (Philopappou), Pnyx Hill and the Hill of the Nymphs.
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
- Entrance fee to the National Observatory of Athens, Temple of Hephaestus, Herakleidon Museum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
App not compatible with Windows phones
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the (name of venue name)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the National Observatory of Athens, Temple of Hephaestus & Herakleidon Museum are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from us with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in (venue name). So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- Also, prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
Theseio and Monastiraki
Three Western Hills: Open 24 h. Athens Observatory: Mon.-Fri. 09.00-14.00. Evening guided tours also available upon appointment.
Herakleidon Museum: Mon.-Tue. 10.00-15.00, Wed.-Sun. 10.00-18.00.
Ancient Agora of Athens: Open daily 08.00-16.00
Recommended visiting hours
10.00-15.00, weekdays preferably
Three Western Hills: No entrance fee
National Observatory of Athens: 5 Euros
Temple of Hephaestus: 8 Euros (for the Ancient Agora of Athens and the museum)
Herakleidon Museum: 7 Euros (for both buildings)
Directions to Starting Point
From Theseio metro station you walk along Apostolou Pavlou Street until you get to the point where it meets Dionysiou Areopagitou. Right there is the entrance of the archaeological site of the three hills which is indicated by a sign.