From per person
Experience the Tower of Pisa at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and audio tour and a fascinating self-guided audio tour of the city of Pisa on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Pisa, home to the once powerful maritime republic and its famous tower.
Put on your headphones and explore/discover the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Palazzo Blu and the Museum of the Sinopie, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the history of the city of Pisa and its famous Leaning Tower and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
One of the great four
The development of the Piazza del Duomo as you see it today began in the eleventh century, replacing a religious space that was much more modest in both outlook and extent. The timing is important. At the time, Pisa was not landlocked ten miles from the coast. Around 1000 CE, Pisa was fast becoming one of the greatest maritime republics in the Mediterranean, next to Venice, Genoa and Amalfi, and the lesser known republics of Ragusa (modern-day Dubrovnik), Gaeta, Noli and Ancona. As a great port-city, it built mercantile networks, organised naval expeditions and participated in the Crusades. For the next four centuries it would experience its “golden age”, which it would live out in utter pomp. Just look around you!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to The Tower of Pisa
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour of Pisa City Tour is designed to start at the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II (56125 Pisa PI).The easiest way to get there is by reaching the P.Za Vittorio Emanuele (P.Za Vittorio Emanuele) either getting the public transportation ( Bus: 150F, 590, 649, F02, Train: FL5, R, Metro:A), or on foot if you are close to the area and you’ll be at the right place to start the tour.
- The self-guided audio tour of Pisa Leaning Tower is designed to start at the Porta Nuova in the Piazza del Duomo, where the Leaning Tower is located (Piazza del Duomo, 9, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy). The easiest way to get there is on foot from the city center or by bus. A number of buses (LAM rossa, serving the airport and central train station, Linea 21 and others) drop you off at the Torre 1 bus stop, slightly to the left of the Porta Nuova.
- Pisa city tour: The tour ends at the Piazza dei Miracoli (Pisa, Province of Pisa, Italy).
- Pisa Leaning Tower: The tour ends at the iron gates that open into Via Cardinale Pietro Maffi. This road leads straight back into the old town of Pisa, and is easily walkable.
Ponte di Mezzo | Piazza Garibaldi | Church of San Frediano
Baptistery of San Giovanni | The Pisa Duomo | The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Opening hours for Tower of Pisa
Recommended visiting hours
Leaning tower of Pisa:
- March 1st to 23rd: 9 AM to 6 PM
- March 23rd to 29th: 9 AM to 7 PM
- March 30th and 31st: 8:30 AM to 8 PM
- April to September: 9 AM to 8 PM
- June 17th to August 31st: 8:30 AM to 10 PM
- June 16th: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- October: 9 AM to 7 PM (with some variations at the start and end of the month that overlap with September/November hours)
- November: 9:45 AM to 5:15 PM
- November 1st: 9 AM to 6 PM
- December and January: 10 AM to 5 PM
- December 5th to 8th: 9 AM to 6:30 PM
- December 21st to January 6th: 10 AM to 7 PM
- February: 9:45 AM to 5:15 PM
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Tower of Pisa.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years old CANNOT climb up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. All children between 8 and 18 can climb the Tower with an accompanying adult. Children pay full price to climb the tower, there are no reductions available.
- Entrance is allowed up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- The opening hours or close specific areas for the tower of Pisa may change at any time, and without prior notice.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- For the Pisa City Tour make sure you wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
- For the Pisa City Tour wear sunscreen and a hat during hot days.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!