The Royal Alcázares of Seville: Entrance e-ticket with Audio Tour
From: 28,00€ per person
Entrance e-ticketUse your phone or print the voucher
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
English, Deutsch, Español, FrançaisFor both audio and stories included
From: 28,00€ per person
Alcázar is a Spanish word that comes from the Arabic al-qaṣr, “the castle” or “the palace”, itself derived from the Latin castrum, “castle”. In fact, the Alcázares began to be built during the period of Islamic domination that began in year 712, so it was originally the residence of Muslim emirs and princes.
Experience the Royal Alcázares at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of The Royal Alcázares, a combination of historic buildings and peaceful gardens that will enchant you
Put on your headphones and discover the impressive Lion’s Gate, the Patio de las Doncellas, an Islamic Garden symbol of heavenly joy and the Hall of Ambassadors, the center of power in the Royal Alcázares, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from previous times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into one of Seville’s main and most well-known attractions, the Royal Alcázares and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The Mudéjar art
The Hall of Justice was the Alcázares’ first Mudéjar work. In Arabic, Mudéjar means “those who are allowed to stay” and refers to the group of Muslims who remained in Iberia in the late medieval period despite the Christian reconquest. In this case, the term is used for Muslim artists working for Christians. The hall is a sort of “qubba”, a square room covered by an octagonal trough-shaped wooden ceiling and walls decorated in plaster with schematic vegetal decoration and Arabic calligraphy. Why did the Christians continue to employ Muslim craftsmen after conquering their cities? This particular hall was built after 1340, following the Castilian victory over Muslim armies in the Battle of Río Salado. As a symbol of their triumph, the Christian kings appropriated the Islamic rulers’ art in the same way that they appropriated their territory!
Juan Alberto Romero
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket tο the Royal Alcázares
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- No admission for the Royal Bedroom included
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Lion’s Gate
- Hall of Justice
- Patio de la Montería
- Hall of audiences
- Distribution Hall
- Patio de las Doncellas
- Bedroom of the Moorish Kings
- Patio de las Muñecas
- Hall of Ambassadors
- Hall of the Feasts
- Tapestries Room
- Mercury Pond
- Maria Padilla’s
From October 29 to March 31: Monday to Sunday, 09:30 to 16:30
From April 1 to October 28: Monday to Sunday, 09:30 to 18:30
Closed on 1st and 6th January, Good Friday, and 25th December.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for The Royal Alcázares
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Real Alcazar of Seville is one of the most visited monuments in Spain. The best time to visit is early in the morning or at the end of the day. It is more crowded during the holidays and at weekends.
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
- Due to the special circumstances (COVID-19), please keep in mind that you should wear masks and gloves before entering the venue. Considering the current situation, all visitors must respect the limited capacity assigned for each room and should keep a safe distance from others as well. All visitors must abide by the one-way direction rule. Visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and will not be permitted alone within the venue. Food and drinks are strictly prohibited within the venue.
- Access to the monument with suitcases or trolleys is not allowed.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 7 hours
- Audio available in 1 language