From per person
The Louvre is home to collections dating from antiquity to the nineteenth century. This great assembly of artefacts from around the world is celebrated for its numerous iconic masterpieces. Most visitors focus on a few famous sculptures and paintings. You are invited to uncover the building’s unique history and discover amazing works of art known only to connoisseurs.
Experience the Louvre Museum at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the different art periods and explore how they shaped the modern world.
Put on your headphones and discover the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, the Coronation of Napoleon and the Lamassu through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the diverse aspects of the Louvre’s collections and relate to the exhibits in an entirely original way.
The pyramid stands at the heart of the central courtyard. Before passing through the doors, find a convenient spot with a nice view of the museum and the pyramid to listen to the tour’s first stories.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Louvre Museum
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Pyramid Entrance of the Louvre, Musee du Louvre, 75001 Paris, France.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is to get down at the Palais Royal/Musée du Louvre Metro station and walk towards the entrance across you. (If you have accessibility issues prefer the line 14 Pyramide metro station. Use the elevator at the Rue de l’Échelle exit and move down towards the end of the Avenue de l’Opéra. Continue straight ahead to Rue de Rohan and cross Rue de Rivoli to access the Pyramid entrance).
Venus de Milo
Recommended visiting hours
Monday , Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 09:00 – 18:00
Friday: 09:00 – 21.45
Last entry: 1 hour before closing
Clearing of rooms: 30 minutes before closing
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone accessible through our app and an entry ticket for the Louvre Museum
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Entry to the museum is free for the following groups: visitors under 18 years old, 26-year-old residents of the European Economic Area, Journalists, disabled visitors and the person accompanying them. (Supporting documents are required).
- This site is wheelchair accessible: Pyramid main entrance, Carrousel du Louvre Entrance(Carousel shopping center entrance)
- Not all the areas of the museum are wheelchair accessible directly. In some cases you may have to use an alternative route.
- An escort service is available upon request to assist people with visual impairment issues.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Arrive at the entrance of the Louvre 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated.
- Disabled visitors and their assistants are granted priority access (without queuing) at the reception area and museum entrances.
- The groups granted free access need a ticket to get in. (Entry to the museum is free for the following groups: visitors under 18 years old, 26-year-old residents of the European Economic Area, Journalists, disabled visitors and the person accompanying them. Supporting documents are required).
- Suitcases and large bags are not allowed in the museum. There are lockers for smaller items available free of charge.
- Folding chairs and Sensory Bags for people with sensory impairments( noise-canceling headphones, eye bands, etc.) are available upon request at the helping desk free of charge.
- You are allowed to take photos and video in the permanent collection. Selfie sticks, flash or lighting are not allowed.
- All animals, with the exception of guide dogs or assistance dogs accompanying persons with motor or mental impairment are not allowed.
- Due to COVID-19 measures, only bank cards and ‘chèques-vacances’ can be used as payment methods.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!