From per person
Experience the Doge’s Palace at your own pace with an E-Ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of the Gothic style Doge’s Palace, the official residence of the Doge and the symbol of the Venetian Republic
Put on your headphones and discover the impressive Scala d’Oro, the enigmatic Chamber of the Council of Ten and the richly adorned Foscari Arch through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from previous times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into one of Venice’s main and most well-known attractions, The Doge’s Palace and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Introduction & Practical info
Our story begins at the dawn of the ninth century when the settlers of the Venetian lagoon moved from the ancient town of Malamocco to the island of Venice. Their city-state grew into a glorious maritime empire and with time the Doge’s palace came to be a powerful symbol of the Republic. Not only did it serve as the residence of the Doge, the senior-most elected official, but it also grew to accommodate all the administrative & legislative bodies of Venice. Such was its reputation as a prosperous and peaceful Republic of an elite of merchants that it earned the appellation “the most Serene”. Over the next two hours, while you explore the lush, heavily painted halls and chambers of the palace, you’ll discover that the history of the Serenissima was as tempestuous and wild as the seas that brought her unthinkable riches and triumphs. Welcome to the Doge’s Palace!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket toThe Doge’s Palace
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Scala dei Giganti | The Chamber of the Council of Ten | Prisons
Opening hours for The Doge’s Palace
Recommended visiting hours
Everyday until Friday 31 March 2023: 9.00 – 18.00 (last entrance at 17.00)
From Saturday 1 April 2023: 9.00 – 19.00 (last entrance at 18.00
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the The Doge’s Palace
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have pre-booking privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes
- Bags and rucksacks may be checked at the museum entrances. Please leave any bulky items in the cloakroom.
- The following sections of the palace are not accessible to wheelchair visitors: The Secret Itineraries, Prisons and Armoury
- The provided services of the Doge’s Palace include a Baby Pit-stop (Dedicated room, for breastfeeding, change and relax)
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!