From: 25,00€ per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom 23,00€ per person
Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Experience Lisbon at your own pace with a combo skip-the-line e-ticket for the top attraction of St. George Castle and a fascinating self-guided walking audio tour of the city on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
Put on your headphones and discover the Castle of St. George, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the past. It is also your chance to explore Lisbon with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of its stories. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into ancient and contemporary Lisbon, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The Old Castle that Lies
The castle beautifully sits on the highest point of the hill, enjoying a beautiful panorama of the city. The hill and the surrounding area have been occupied by several civilizations since the Iron Age. Today, this neighbourhood belongs to the parish of Santa Maria Maior and access to the interior of the castle, which was designated as a National Monument in 1910, is provided through the arch in Rua Santa Cruz do Castelo. Have a look at it! It looks quite old, doesn't it? Well, it?s not. The largest part of what we see today is a reconstruction of the original structure, which went through a major makeover in the 1940s. Battlements and towers were built on the previously existing building in order to give it a medieval look, and although most people believe this is a living memory of the city's past, it is actually a monument less than a hundred years old.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-ticket for the Castle of St. George
- 1 self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) for St. George Castle in English
- 1 self-guided walking tour of Lisbon
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Arco do Castelo
Directions to starting point
- The self-guided audio tour for St. George Castle is designed to start at the Arco do Castelo (Rua do Chão da Feira 25, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal). It can be accessed by reaching the Castelo bus station (1100-223 Lisbon, Portugal), which is less than 50 meters from the Arco do Castelo.
- The self-guided audio tour for the city tour of Lisbon is designed to start at the city’s National Pantheon (Campo de Santa Clara, 1100-471 Lisboa, Portugal) The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Panteão Nacional bus stop 1100-473 Lisbon, Portugal) which is in front of the Pantheon.
- St. George Castle: Santa Louisa Viewpoint (Largo Santa Luzia, 1100-487 Lisboa, Portugal), directly in front of the Miradouro de Santa Luzia bus station (1100-411 Lisbon, Portugal).
- Lisbon City Tour: The museum Casa Fernando Pessoa (R. Coelho da Rocha 16 18, 1250-088 Lisboa, Portugal) near the R. Saraiva Carvalho transit stop (1350-133 Lisbon, Portugal).
Arco do Castelo, Castle Entrance, Dom Afonso Henriques monument, Miradouro do Castelo, Lisbon Highlights, Jardim Romântico: Romantic gardens, Entrance to the fortification, Ulysses tower, Archeological site, Martim Moniz Door, King Manuel I statue
National Pantheon, Miradouro da Senhora do Monte, Lisbon Cathedral, Casa dos Bicos / José Saramago Foundation, Praça do Comércio, Carmo Convent, Praça Dom Pedro IV, Restauradores Square, Botanical Garden of Lisbon, São Bento Palace, Basílica da Estre
Opening hours for St. George Castle
Recommended visiting hours
Daily 8:30AM–4PM Tuesday closed
Know before you book
- This is a combination of two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone and one entry e-ticket for St. George Castle
- The city of Lisbon self-guided audio walking tour is also included
- No live guide or meeting point provided
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have skip-the-line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit — no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ticket(s) need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!