From: 25,00€ per person
Experience the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai at your own pace with a combo skip-the-line e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone for the museum. This is also your chance to discover the history as well as a number of fascinating sites that shaped contemporary Thessaloniki with a self-guided audio walking tour.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of the Royal Graves of Aigai. Do not also miss to discover contemporary Thessaloniki with a self-guided audio walking tour.
Put on your headphones and discover the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from ancient times. It is also your chance to explore Thessaloniki with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of its stories. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into contemporary Thessaloniki, the capital of multinationalism and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
As soon as you reach the main entrance of the site, the ticket office is located inside the fence to your left. After the ticket office, you will see a low mound covered by grass ahead, which is where the Royal Graves are located, exactly underneath the Great Tumulus.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-tickets for the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai in Vergina
- 1 self-guided audio tour of the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- 1 Self-guided Thessaloniki Walking Tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones
For outdoor venues: comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
There is no meeting point.
- The Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai tour (”Royal Graves of Aigai Museum: the Macedonian Glory”) is designed to start at the entrance of the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina 590 31). The easiest way to get there is by car.
- The Thessalonikin City tour (“Thessaloniki City Tour: the cosmopolitan city”) is designed to start at the Alexander the Great Statue (Thessaloniki 546 21).
Directions to starting point
”Royal Graves of Aigai Museum: the Macedonian Glory”:The easiest way to get there is by car.
“Thessaloniki City Tour: the cosmopolitan city” : The easiest way to get there is by foot.
- Museum of Royal Graves of Aigai: Entrance/Exit of the Museum
- Thessaloniki City tour: City’s Harbor
November 1st – March 31st
Wednesday to Monday: 09:00 – 17:00
April 1st – October 31st:
Wednesday to Monday: 08:00 – 20:00
Thessaloniki City Tour: Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone and one entry e-tickets for the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai
- The Thessaloniki City self-guided audio walking tour is also included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ticket(s) need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!