From: 23,00€ per person
Upon seeing the gargantuan Seville cathedral, one cannot help but marvel at its sheer size and beauty. Constructed as a symbol of the triumph of Christianity over the Moors and adorned with magnificent artworks of master painters, such as Murillo and Goya, Seville Cathedral is a tribute to the splendor of the Spanish Empire. Welcome to its arms!
Experience the Seville Cathedral at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of the Seville Cathedral.
Put on your headphones and discover the breathtaking Landmark of Seville: La Giralda and continue on to discover the exquisite Gothic interior, the high altar, and the st. Anthony’s chapel among other treasures through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes regarding this construction jewel. Tour’s content results from in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the breathtaking Seville Cathedral and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The purging of Muslim Seville
Little did the Almohad kings know when they constructed the Great Mosque of Seville in the 12th century that their rule was to end soon. In 1248, King Ferdinand III entered triumphantly through the city of Seville, one of the greatest centers of the once Moorish Andalucia. It was the beginning of a new era as was evidenced in the conversion of the mosque into the Cathedral of Santa Maria de la Sede. To this end, the original North-South orientation of the building gave way to the West-East orientation, typical in Christian places of worship. Yet, it wasn’t until the 15th century that the construction of the present-day cathedral was initiated. Enormous as it is, with 5 naves and more than 30 chapels, this was a laborious project that lasted almost a century!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to Seville Cathedral
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The entrance of the Cathedral
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Cathedral (Av. de la Constitución, s/n, 41004 Sevilla, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by the tram station Archivo de Indias (41001 Seville, Spain), and then walking 120 meters toward the Cathedral.
The tour ends at the Royal Chapel inside the Cathedral.
Plaza Virgen de Los Reyes
Recommended visiting hours
Monday: from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday to Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 14:30 to 18:00
These schedules are subject to change without notice by the Cabildo.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for Seville Cathedral.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
- The ideal time to visit the temple is early morning or early evening
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!