From per person
Your Personal Adventure: Quinta da Regaleira is a UNESCO World Heritage site (since 1995) nestled in Serra de Sintra – one of Portugal’s most intriguing and well-preserved areas.
It is a unique location that holds stories about secret religious orders and is filled with underground mazes. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone before your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of one of Sintra’s main attractions, the magnificent Quinta da Regaleira.
Listen & Admire:
The Initiation Well
The Chapel of the Holy Trinity
The Gothic Palace
The Lush Gardens
The Regaleira Towers
The Palace Interior
Explore through locals’ eyes: Crafted by local professionals and voice actors, you’ll discover the hidden wonders of this beautiful estate, from the mysterious Initiation Well to the lush gardens, secret tunnels, and the Gothic Palace. Uncover the estate’s rich history and legends, all at your own pace, through the power of storytelling.
Extra Tip: While the Initiation Well is a popular attraction, few visitors venture deep into the underground tunnels that connect various parts of the estate. Take the time to explore these passageways for a unique perspective.
Once inside, purchase your ticket at the building on your right. If you already have a digital one, keep straight until you find the entrance to the old stables. Once you're in, head right where staff members will validate your ticket (enter through one of the accesses and exit through the other).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Quinta da Regaleira
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The best way to visit the Quinta da Regaleira is through reaching the Hotel Lawrences bus stop (2710-550 Sintra, Portugal). The Castle is a 5 min walk (400 meters).
- Virgin’s Grotto,
- Unfinished Well,
- Orient’s Grotto
Opening hours for Quinta de Regaleira
January–March: 10:00am–6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
April–September: 10:00am–7:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Quinta da Regaleira.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
- The ideal time to visit the castle is early morning or early evening
Throughout the year the Palace, the Chapel and eventual exhibition spaces close 30 minutes before de garden.
NOTICE | The administrative services are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
PARKING | Quinta da Regaleira does not have parking. If you travel in your own car, prepare your visit checking the website https://parking.sintra.pt
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!