From per person
Experience the captivating Polycentric Museum of Aigai and the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and two captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the splendor of the ancient Macedonian world and its illustrious history.
Put on your headphones and explore Alexander the Great’s Marble Fragment, the bronze calyx krater and the lady of Aigai, as well as the Heroon, the Philip II’s tomb and the golden chest through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glory days of ancient Macedonia and witness the art, culture, and achievements of a civilization that shaped the course of history and to relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Ruler of the world
Alexander the Great was the most fabulous resident of Aigai, and his portrait occupies the place of honor in the new museum. Alexander was born on 20/21 July 356 BCE. He was the son of Philip II and Olympias and inherited the throne of Macedonia at the age of 20, following his father’s assassination at the ancient theater of Aigai. His military prowess was shown when, at the age of just 16, he led the Macedonian army against the Medes, a barbarian people who had invaded Macedonia. Alexander created one of the largest empires in history in fourteen years, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. He died on 10/11 June 323 BCE in Babylon at the young age of 32, likely due to malaria or typhoid fever. After his death, his body was embalmed and transported to Alexandria.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Polycentric Museum of Aigai and the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai
- Skip-the-line service
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access the audio tours.
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Polycentric Museum of Aigai is designed to start at the entrance of the Polycentric Museum of Aigai (Epar.Od. Verias-Kypselis, Vergina 590 31) The easiest way to get there is by car.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai is designed to start at the entrance of the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina 590 31). The easiest way to get there is by car.
Alexander the Great – Fragment of a marble relief|The “basileion” (palace) of Aigai|The Lady of Aigai | The Chryselephantine Couch | The Silver Ossuary Hydria | Silver patera
Opening hours for Polycentric Museum of Aigai
Opening hours for Museum of the Royal Tombs at Aigai
Recommended visiting hours
- Summer Season : April 1st to October 31st
Monday, Wednesday – Sunday: 08:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 12:00 – 20:00
- Winter Season: November 1st to March 31st
Monday, Wednesday – Sunday: 09:00 – 17:00
Know before you book
- This is a combination of two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the the Polycentric Museum of Aigai and the Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Τhe Polycentric Museum of Aigai is wheelchair accessible
- The Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai is wheelchair accessible except for the “Heroon” area
Know before you go
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!