From: 22,00€ per person
In the green valley that lies between the rivers Alpheios and Kladeos, the father of the gods Zeus chose to establish the sanctuary of Greeks, where the Olympic Games were born. Τhe tour of Ancient Olympia introduces us to the secrets of an ancient world continued by the sacred bonds between man, god, and nature.
Experience Olympia at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Olympia.
Put on your headphones and explore the Gymnasium and continue to meet The Palestra, getting acquainted with the Prytaneion, The Phillipeion, and The temple of Hera through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to enjoy a skip-the-line entry into the archaeological site of Olympia and discover the truth behind the world-renowned mythological story.
Cover Image: @ Christina Ntaltagianni
Just after you enter the archaeological site, on your right you will see a large excavated area in the middle of which a large part of the eastern Gymnasium stoa or portico is preserved.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Archaeological site of Olympia
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Gymnasium inside the Archaeological site of Olympia (Archaia Olympia 270 65).
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by car.
The tour ends at the entrance of the workshop of Pheidias inside the archaeological site again (Archaia Olympia 270 65).
Opening hours for Ancient Olympia
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone and an entry ticket for the archaeological site of Olympia.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Participants under 18 years old, as well as visitors with disabilities accompanied by one family member / a helper (belonging to the health and social assistance service), are eligible for free admission. Reduced tickets are also available for EU citizens 18-25 years old
- This is an adult ticket with skip the line service. Please note that reduced/ free entry tickets are not provided by this supplier and are acquired on site
- Please note that not all parts of the site are wheelchair accessible. The main entrance is where the museum is located. For wheelchair users, this will cause a barrier, because of the steps. People with lesser mobility are advised to go to the side entrance on the other side. From here, you can see a big part of the ruins in Olympia
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Download the ticket & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets are accepted in either printed or digital format on your phone. Your ticket will be purchased under the name of our company’s legal representative, hence the different name on it. This will cause no issue.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Kindly note that travelers need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in the site
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!