From per person
The National Park and Pena Palace is the real jewel atop Sintra’s mountain, with a broad history full of adventure. When D. Manuel I built the monastery, he did not expect that from his creation, something big and important would be born. This location has seen many kings and queens passing through, notorious events and history in the making. Are you ready to explore it?
Experience the vast forested National Park and the magnificent Pena Palace at your own pace with an entry e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of the most important monument in the cultural landscape of Sintra
Put on your headphones and discover the Column Temple, the Lake Valley, the Camellia Garden , and the Monk’s Cave through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes for this spectacular attraction of Sintra. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into one of Sintra’s main and most well-known attractions, the National Park and the Pena Palace and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Your tour starts at the lake entrance. After arriving at the house of the lake gatekeeper, follow the trail all the way up, walking side-by-side with the lake. Take time to appreciate the view, and, after the greenhouse to your left, you will find the first stop of this tour.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to National Park and Pena Palace
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- For outdoor venues: comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Camellia Garden of Sintra’s National Park (Estrada da Pena, 2710-609 Sintra, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is by car.
National Park and Pena Palace
- Palace (open – close):
09.00 – 18.00 Last ticket and last admission:17.30
- Gardens (open – close):
09.00 – 18.30 Last ticket and last admission: 17.30
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the National Park and the Pena Palace
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Please be aware that wheelchair accessibility in the Park may vary, with some routes being accessible and others not. The interior of the Palace does not prove accessible to persons facing mobility restrictions due to the presence of stairways.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- The ideal time to visit the palace and the park is early morning or early evening
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!