National Archaeological Museum: Skip-The-Line e-ticket with Audio Tour
Experience the National Archaeological Museum at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in ancient times to admire masterpieces from different antique periods housed in the National Archaeological Museum.
Put on your headphones and discover the mask of Agamemnon, the Mycenaean bull,the bronze statue of Zeus or Poseidon, and the horse rider, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the ancient greek art and society and relate to the exhibits in an entirely original way.
The marble statuette that we encounter here belongs to one of the most ancient cultures that flourished in Europe in the 3rd and 2nd millennia, during the Bronze Age. The Cycladic culture, as clearly indicated by its name, came to rise in the region of the Cyclades, the rocky islands scattered in the heart of the Aegean Sea, forming an invisible circle around the sacred island of Delos. The mild climate and their central geographical location, where the East meets the West and the sea routes connecting mainland Greece to Crete merge, fostered the commercial, economic and cultural growth of the Cyclades. The most typical works of art produced by the Cycladic people are the marble statuettes sized between 0.05 m. to 1.5 m., which have been unearthed for the greatest part in excavations in burial grounds, while others were found in houses and shrines. The material used is mostly marble, which was available in abundance in the Cycladic land and could then be chiseled with various tools made of bronze. Distinctively shaped, bearing few details and evoking a primitive simplicity, the Cycladic statuettes cast a spell over artists, thousands of years later, as evidenced in the work of Picasso, Matisse, Moore, and Giacometti, who sought in abstraction a way to reinvent in Modern Art the primordial plasticity of form.
Select date and participants
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the National Archaeological Museum (44, Patission St., 10682, Athens). The easiest way to get there is by metro (Omonoia or Victoria station). The tour ends at the entrance of the museum.
- Adult entry ticket
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English.
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the National Archaeological Museum.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- Booking requests received between 22:00 to 7:59 (UTC+02:00) are served from 8.00 and on. (not applied for Greek STL products on GYG because they are served automatically)
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The site is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- The voucher is not your entry ticket and is not accepted at the site
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Backpacks, large bags and baby strollers should be left in the cloakroom in the entrance.
- The entrance is free for children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin. Although, in order to get in, they must have a free entrance ticket.
- The entrance is free for children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.Although, in order to get in, they must have a free entrance ticket.
- The entrance is free for persons over 25 years, being in secondary education (evening schools, second-chance schools) and in vocational schools from EU member-states and countries of the European Economic Area, upon presentation of attendance certificate bearing evidence of its duration. Although, in order to get in, they must have a free entrance ticket.
From 1st April to 31st October.
Tuesday: 13:00 – 20:00, Wednesday to Monday: 08:00 – 20:00
From 1st November to 31st March.
Tuesday: 13:00 – 20:00, Wednesday to Monday: 09:00 – 16:00
Recommended visiting hours
Winter (1 Nov. to 31 Mar.): Mon. 13:00 – 20:00, Tue.- Sun. 09:00 – 16:00, Summer (1 Apr. to 31 Oct.): Mon. 13:00 – 20:00, Tue.- Sun. 09:00 – 20:00
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.