Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai: Skip-The-Line e-ticket with Audio Tour
From: 14,00€ per person
Entrance e-ticketUse your phone or print the voucher
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
From: 14,00€ per person
Macedonia withheld its secrets from the public until 1977 when two royal tombs were discovered at Aigai. It was hailed as the archaeological discovery of the century, as many think the tombs belong to King Philip II, and Alexander’s son, Alexander IV. Let’s delve into a rich site with treasures, linked to legends who changed the course of history.
Experience The Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app, and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of The Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai.
Put on your headphones and explore The Great Tumulus, getting acquainted with the Marble Grave Stele, Tomb IV, and The ‘Heroon’ through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Royal Graves of Aigai and relate to your surroundings/ the exhibits in an entirely original way.
As soon as you reach the main entrance of the site, the ticket office is located inside the fence to your left. After the ticket office, you will see a low mound covered by grass ahead, which is where the Royal Graves are located, exactly underneath the Great Tumulus.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance fee/adult e-ticket for the Museum of Aigai
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina 590 31).
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by car.
The tour ends at the entrance of the museum again (Vergina 590 31).
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for The Museum of the Royal Graves of Aigai.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- EU citizens aged 0-25 years old, are entitled to have free admission tickets.
- From 1st of April to 31st of October Non-EU citizens, between 6 to 25 years old are entitled to 50% reduced admission.
- From 1st of April to 31st of October senior citizens over 65 from Greece or other EU member-states and the European Economic Area are entitled to 50% reduced admission.
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
- Due to the special circumstances (COVID-19), the course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed due to the circumstances. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the guards of the site. Visitors should maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters amongst them when in open spaces and of 2 meters when in closed spaces. Especially in queues, a distance of 1.5 meters between visitors should be maintained at all times. Inside the museum, facial masks are mandatory for all visitors who should keep a safety distance of at least 2m.
- Access to the archaeological site with suitcases or trolleys is not allowed.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 2 hours
- Audio available in 1 language