This tour is going to make you feel like a local and introduce you to the most hidden sights of Marrakech like old traditional bakeries and souks. Learn about the history, architecture, culture, and more. Stories of ancient and modern times will amaze you and your friends. Explore the tangible places that are not frequently visited by tourists.
Waltz in the city of Marrakech with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Marrakech. Start your tour from the Bab Ftouh and continue to meet the secret garden, get acquainted with the Foundouk Samsar, and be fascinated by Medersa Ben Youssef.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the city tour of Marrakech with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
Cover photo: © Mohamed Azim /Marrakech Guide Azim
The main or the big square known as Jemaa El Fna can be reached by taxi or foot if you are staying close by. Walk north and through the alley which is on the left side of Cafe Argana leaving the square behind. You will see signs indicating its name in french like the bank or the pharmacy Bab Ftouh.On the left corner, you will find a round-arched gate of Bab Ftouh through which you will be walking to the next stop .350 m or 5 minutes walk (Street Fehl Chidmi)
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the historical landmark of Bab Ftouh (Marrakech 40000, Morocco). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Ph Koutoubia bus station and walking 500 meters towards the landmark.
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the historical landmark of Bab Ftouh (Marrakech 40000, Morocco). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Ph Koutoubia bus station and walking 500 meters towards the landmark.
Avenue Jamaa El Fna، Marrakech, 40000, Morocco
- The big Square
- Bab Ftouh
- Mouassine district
- The secret Garden Sidi Abdel Aziz
- Derb Zaouia Lahdar
- Mederssa been Youssef
- Samarine souks
Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that, since this is an outdoors tour, some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones.
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
Contributors and Bibliography
Mohamed Azim /Marrakech Guide Azim
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!