Florence: history, secrets and anecdotes
Waltz in Florence with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most famous locations and landmarks of the city. Start your tour from the Baptistery, and then continue to explore and learn about the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and its impressive dome, the so-called the Dome of Brunelleschi, the Republic square and the most fascinating sites of the city. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the rich Florentian history and culture with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to churches and museums is not included.
I am a licensed Florence local guide. I am Italian and traveled a lot around the world because I have worked many years for an Italian Tour operator. But as I arrived in Florence I fell in love with this town and decided to become a local guide.
Baptistery of Florence
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Link to activate and access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to churches and museums
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for churches and museums are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB) [IF THERE ARE COMBOS WITH MULTIPLE TOUR PUT 200-300MB]
- It is a walking city tour that passes in front of the most famous landmarks of Florence.
You can take the tour any time. In summer, it is advised to take it in the afternoon.
Know before you go
- Please note that your Clio Muse Tours Voucher is not your entry ticket for churches and museums. Admission fees are not included in this product
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Since it is a walking city tour, it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen or hat (according to the season).
- Cathedral and Baptistery of Florence
- Ponte Vecchio
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Signoria Square
- The Piglet fountain
- The Medieval area
early morning up to evening
Recommended visiting hours
As it is a walking tour, in can be done any time. In summer it is better in the afternoon.
No ticket or fee
Directions to Starting Point
From the train station, Santa Maria Novella walk through Via de Panzani. It takes 10 miutes to reach The Duomo Square and you will be exactly in front of the Baptistery.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.