From per person
Experience Alexandria at your own pace with a combo skip-the-line e-ticket for the top attraction of the Citadel of Qaitbay and a captivating self-guided walking audio tour of the city on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of the largest city in the Mediterranean.
Put on your headphones and discover the Citadel of Qaitbay, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the past. It is also your chance to explore Alexandria with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of its stories. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly, at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into ancient and contemporary Alexandria and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-ticket for the Citadel of Qaitbay
- 1 self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- 1 self-guided walking tour of Alexandria
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Every day 09.00 am – 8.00 pm
Recommended visiting hours
Know before you book
- This is a combination of two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone and one entry e-ticket for the Citadel of Qaitbay
- The city of Alexandria self-guided audio walking tour is also included
- No live guide or meeting point provided
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have skip-the-line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site
Know before you go
- Voucher is not your entry ticket and is not accepted at the site
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit — no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ticket(s) need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
- As elsewhere in Alexandria, women should feel more comfortable in loose clothing covering shoulders, arms and legs
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!