From per person
Experience the Mallorca Cathedral, at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and an audio tour, and a fascinating self-guided walking audio tour of the city of Palma de Mallorca on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Mallorca Cathedral, a stunning example of Gothic architecture that has stood tall over Palma’s cityscape for centuries. Don’t miss out on exploring the quaint streets of Palma de Mallorca and discovering the wealth of historical landmarks and monuments that reflect the city’s rich past with a fascinating self guided audio city tour on your phone.
Put on your headphones and discover the Mallorca Cathedral through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes about this living symbol of the island’s religious and cultural identity. It is also your chance to explore Palma de Mallorca with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and immerse yourself in the beauty of its stories. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Mallorca Cathedral, a magnificent structure that embodies the spirit and rich cultural heritage of the island, as well as the lively city of Palma de Mallorca itself, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The entrance to the Heavenly Jerusalem
First, let us place ourselves in time. Construction on the Mirador gateway began to in 1389 by the master builder Pere Morey, who is attributed with the design and some of the sculptures. From 1396 to 1401, Pierre de Saint Jean took over and the master builder Guillem Sagrera completed the work between 1420-1447, who is also the author of the original Virgin of the mullion. The gateway you are looking at now is a reproduction from 1917, replacing the original to slow down its degradation. In terms of style, this is an architectural and sculptural ensemble that follows the guidelines of Levantine Gothic.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-ticket for the Mallorca Cathedral
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour for the Mallorca Cathedral on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Self-guided audio tour for the city of Palma de Mallorca
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- The self-guided audio tour for the Mallorca Cathedral is designed to start at the Calle del Mirador on the side of the Mallorca Cathedral (Plaça de la Seu, s/n, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the bus station453-pl. de la Reina – Catedral (07001 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain), and then walking 250 meters towards the Cathedral.
- The self-guided audio tour for Palma de Mallorca is designed to start at Plaza de España( Plaça d’Espanya, s/n, 07002 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Estación Intermodal, Palma’s main bus and train terminal station, and then walking 110 meters (1 min) towards the Plaza de España.
Recommended visiting hours
- Mallorca Cathedral:
Summer hours from April to October:
- Monday to Friday from 10:00 hrs to 17:15 hrs
- Saturdays from 10:00 hrs to 14:15 hrs
Winter hours from November to March:
- From Monday to Saturday: from 10:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Opening hours on public holidays are from 10:00 to 14:15
- 1 May – International Workers’ Day
- 24 June – Saint John
- 12 October – Hispanic Heritage Day
- Mallorca City tour
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Mallorca Cathedral
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Palma de Mallorca city tour is wheelchair accessible, but please note that some points of interest might not be easily reachable for people with mobility issues.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hut and use sunscreen
- Please note that the dress code is strictly enforced at Mallorca’s Cathedral. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
- The ideal time to visit the Cathedral is early morning or early evening
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!