From per person
Experience the Reina Sofia Museum at your own pace with an e-ticket. Receive your ticket by email, download the app on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel in time to experience the glory of the most iconic landmark of Madrid.
Explore the magnificent museum and the only place that can be visited in Madrid through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories. This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glory of Madrid, in an entirely original way.
The product also includes a Madrid city audio tour in English.
Two iconic ultra-modern elevators designed by Ian Ritchie, an avid admirer of the emblematic British architect Norman Foster, give access to the world-famous museum from Plaza Juan Goytisolo. The largest Contemporary Art Museum in Spain was inaugurated in 1992 at the place where the 18th century General Hospital of Madrid was located, once built by Francisco Sabatini. The remodelling of the neoclassical building had started since 1980, originally by Antonio Fernández Alba and then by Vázquez de Castro & Iñiguez de Onzoño, who were exponents of the rationalist school. The building was meant to host a collection of works created by pivotal Spanish artists, such as Juan Gris, Dalí, and Miró. The exhibition halls were organized around the enormous inner courtyard. Surprising though it may be, three mummified nuns found in the old hospital chapel are still buried under the main door!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult admission ticket to the Reina Sofia Museum
- Instant Confirmation
- App on your smartphone (Android & IPhone)
- Live / Audio Guide
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Atocha Train Station Quarter
Museo Reina Sofia
Paseo del Prado
Royal Botanical Garden
El Prado Museum
El Retiro Park
Puerta de Alcala
National Archaeological Museum
The Fountain of Cybele
Puerta del Sol
San Miguel Market
Opening hours for Museo Reina Sofía
Recommended visiting hours
- Monday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday Closed
- Wednesday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 14:30 a.m.
Know before you book
- This is an entry ticket for the Reina Sofia Museum
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your ticket. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Palacio de Cristal would be closed on rainy or heat wave days.
Know before you go
- Please note that your (name of marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket.
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
- Access is only allowed with small bags for personal belongings or with backpacks measuring no more than 30 x 30 cm.
- People entering the Museo with small backpacks must wear them on their front to avoid disturbing other visitors and to ensure they do not brush against the artworks.
- Photographs may be taken without a flash, tripod, selfie stick or any other type of camera stand in all of the Museum’s sites, with the exception of places where indicated otherwise. To guarantee a quality visitor experience, photographs cannot be taken in the Guernica area (rooms 205.01 to 205.17).
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!