$ 73.8 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 20,32 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 42,79 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Experience the Doge’s Palace and the Saint Mark’s Basilica at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and two audio tours, and the city of Venice with a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the splendor of Venice and its illustrious landmarks.
Put on your headphones and discover the Doge’s Palace and the Saint Mark’s Basilica through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from their origins to their modern-day significance. It is also your chance to explore the floating city of Venice with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of its stories. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the exquisite artwork and stunning architecture of Venice’s most famous landmarks, and see the city itself in a new light and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Introduction & Practical info
Our story begins at the dawn of the ninth century when the settlers of the Venetian lagoon moved from the ancient town of Malamocco to the island of Venice. Their city-state grew into a glorious maritime empire and with time the Doge’s palace came to be a powerful symbol of the Republic. Not only did it serve as the residence of the Doge, the senior-most elected official, but it also grew to accommodate all the administrative & legislative bodies of Venice. Such was its reputation as a prosperous and peaceful Republic of an elite of merchants that it earned the appellation “the most Serene”. Over the next two hours, while you explore the lush, heavily painted halls and chambers of the palace, you’ll discover that the history of the Serenissima was as tempestuous and wild as the seas that brought her unthinkable riches and triumphs. Welcome to the Doge’s Palace!
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Doge’s Palace and the Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Self-guided audio tour for the Doge’s Palace on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Self-guided audio tour for the Saint Mark’s Basilica on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Self-guided audio tour for the city of Venice
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Scala dei Giganti | The Chamber of the Council of Ten | Prisons | Saint Mark’s Basilica
Opening hours for Saint Mark's Basilica
- Monday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
Opening hours for The Doge’s Palace
Know before you book
- This is a combination of three downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app and an entry ticket for the Doge’s Palace and the Saint Mark’s Basilica.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Secret Itineraries, Prisons, and Armoury sections of the Doge’s Palace are not wheelchair accessible.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica is wheelchair accessible.
- Venice city tour is wheelchair accessible, but please note that some points of interest might not be easily reachable for people with mobility issues.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- At the Doge’s Palace bags and rucksacks may be checked at the museum entrances. Please leave any bulky items in the cloakroom.
- The provided services of the Doge’s Palace include a Baby Pit-stop (Dedicated room, for breastfeeding, change and relax)
- The entrance at the Saint Mark’s Basilica is free for children up to 6 years of age
- Clothes and behavior must be appropriate for a place of worship
- Professional and non-private use photographing and filming is forbidden in the Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Loud explanations are forbidden (use earphones) in the Saint Mark’s Basilica
- You cannot enter the Basilica with luggage
- For the Venice City Tour prefer comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!