Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill: Entrance e-ticket with 3 audio tours
From: 46,00€ per person
Entrance e-ticketUse your phone or print the voucher
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
From: 46,00€ per person
Experience the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and three fascinating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of imperial Rome
Put on your headphones and explore the fabled Arena, the crater-like Cavea, the Colosseum square, the iconic Arch of Constantine, the Basilica Aemilia and the famed Temple of Caesar, as well as the Stadium, the Hut Village, and the Farnese Gardens through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glorious periods and dark pages of Rome’s history and to relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way
Reaching the entrance
The individual visitors’ entrance gate for the Colosseum is at the Colosseum square. You can reach the square by public transport. There are many buses that stop in front of the monument: 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204. There is also a Metro stop nearby; from Termini Station take the underground line B and get off at the Colosseum stop. You can also take the tram line 3 or choose to reach it by car. Near the Colosseum, there is a car park, easily reachable from Via Fori Imperiali. Having the Roman Forum on your back and the Colosseum in front of you, walk alongside at the left side of the monument and you will find the individual visitors’ gate. It will be necessary to show up at the dedicated access gate 30 minutes before the reserved time to go through the security checks with the metal detector and to complete the ticketing procedures at the turnstile.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Colosseum, the Roman Forum & the Palatine Hill valid for 24h, for one entrance to the Colosseum & one to Roman Forum-Palatine Hill.
- Skip-the-line service
- Three self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- An activation link to access the audio tours.
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Colosseum Your tour begins at the individual visitors’ entrance gate, easily reached from Colosseum square. Once you’ve completed the security check and passed through the turnstiles, you will head to a belvedere that looks out onto the arena: the greatest part of it is uncovered to allow visitors to take glimpses of the basement of the amphitheater below, which is also visible from this viewpoint.
Colosseum Cavea (7 min) In the crater-like Cavea, the amphitheater’s seats, you’ll recapture the amazement of the ancient Romans, who shouted and cheered in full swing at the sight of blood. The stories of the wild animals and the desperate men waiting to meet death are bound to get you deep into the brutal heart of the Colosseum!
- Roman Forum
Basilica Aemilia (8 min) Just an 8-minute walk from the Colosseum, the Roman Forum is accessed from Via dei Fiori Imperiali. Upon validating your ticket at the entrance on Via della Salara Vecchia, your audio tour will direct you to the first point of interest, the Basilica Aemilia. There, you’ll admire the only Republican Basilica surviving today and gain insight into the joyous lifestyle of the early Romans who, just like contemporary Italians, loved dining al fresco!
The Temple of Caesar (8 min) Among many other fascinating attractions, you’ll encounter the famed Temple of Caesar, whose life and assassination is commemorated until today at the heart of the Forum. Leave a flower on the grave of the glorious general and learn about the games of power and control in the political life of Rome.
- Palatine Hill
The Hut Village (10 mins): The myth has it that in this area of the Palatine Hill, Rome was founded by Romus and Remulus. The ancient Romans believed that these huts were where Romulus had lived. Today, archaeologists disagree. Legend or not, listen to our stories to discover how the history of Rome began by a bloody fratricide.
Farnese Gardens (20 mins): In Renaissance, the Palatine was an average hill for the average Roman citizens; but for the noble families Palatine was the paradise on earth. Enjoy the panoramic view and the elegant garden architecture, while Clio Muse Tours will reveal to you the history behind the Farnese Gardens and how a powerful family fell in love with the hill!
Temple of Magna Mater (7 mins): If Romans gods could not save Rome, the Senate asked foreign deities to protect the city. During the second Punic War, a black stone that represented the Great Mother Cybele, an Anatolian deity, saved Rome from invasion. Clio Muse Tours will tell you everything about the victory of the Romans and how the citizens of the eternal city lavishly venerated the Great Mother.
Colosseum & Roman Forum
From 8:30 am to one hour before sunset (exceptions: Good Friday 8:30 am – 2 pm, June 2 1:30 pm – 7:15 pm)
January 2 to February 15: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
February 16 to March 15: 8:30 am – 5 pm
March 16 to last Saturday of March: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Last Sunday of March to August 31: 8:30 am – 7:15 pm
September 1 to September 30: 8:30 am – 7 pm
October 1 to the last Sunday of October: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Last Sunday of October to December 31: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- from 2 January to 28 February 9.00 – 16.30
from 1 to 26 March 9.00 – 17.30
from 27 March to 31 August 9.00am – 7.15pm
from 1 September to 30 September 9.00 – 19.00
from 1 to 29 October 9.00 – 18.30
from 30 October to 31 December 9.00 – 16.30
Know before you book
- This is a combo of three downloadable self-guided audio tours for your phone accessible through our app and an entry ticket for the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and the Palatine Hill.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300 MB) Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The ticket is valid for 24h and for one entrance to the Colosseum and one to the Roman Forum-Palatine Hill
- The Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill are located in the same archaeological area and count as one admission
- Please note that not all areas of these three sites are wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- All visitors need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in at the Colosseum. Late arrivals will not be accommodated
- The booked entrance time is for the Colosseum entrance. After visiting the Colosseum, visitors can enter the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill with the same ticket(s) in the following 24h
- Large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed
- For safety reasons, the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. Delays may occur even for pre-booked visitors, but this is still the speediest entry to the site
- Last admission is one hour before closing
- Face masks are strongly recommended.
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are strongly recommended
- During the hot months, it is highly recommended to wear a hut and sunscreen
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 1 hour
- Audio available in 1 language