Experience the grandeur of Imperial Rome with this unique combination of a skip-the-line e-ticket for the Colosseum & the Roman Forum and two fascinating audio tours on your smartphone. Receive your e-ticket by email, download the self-guided audio tours on your smartphone and listen to a brilliantly tied narrative that will fire up your imagination.
Your tour begins at the individual visitors’ entrance gate, easily reached from Colosseum square. Once you’ve completed the security check and passed through the turnstiles, you will head to a belvedere, from where you will have the chance to admire the fabled Arena, as well as the basement of the amphitheater, which is also visible from this viewpoint. In the crater-like Cavea, the amphitheater’s seats, you’ll recapture the amazement of the ancient Romans, who shouted and cheered in full swing at the sight of blood. The stories of the wild animals and the desperate men waiting to meet death are bound to get you deep into the brutal heart of the Colosseum! Oriented by your tour, you will follow the flow out of the grand amphitheater to explore its surroundings, the Colosseum square and the iconic Arch of Constantine.
Just an 8-minute walk from the Colosseum, the Roman Forum is accessed from Via dei Fiori Imperiali. Upon turning left on Via della Salara Vecchia, you will find the entrance of the site and once you’ve validated your ticket, your audio tour will direct you to the first point of interest, the Basilica Aemilia. There, you’ll admire the only Republican Basilica surviving today and gain insight into the joyous lifestyle of the early Romans who, just like contemporary Italians, loved dining al fresco! Walking along Via Sacra, the spine of the ancient city, you’ll follow in the steps of the Roman warriors and Emperors, who once returned victorious from their battles and conquests to march the route of Triumph. Among many other fascinating attractions, you’ll encounter the famed Temple of Caesar and learn about the games of power and control in the political life of Rome.
Select date and participants
Contributors and Bibliography
A journalist for Lonely Planet Travel News, a writer for Bossy Italy with an overflowing love for art, travelling and Korean pop music.
Find me on Instagram @beegeddo
Freelance Travel News Reporter @Lonely Planet News
Author @Bossy Italy
- Entrance fee/ combined e-ticket for the Colosseum, the Roman Forum & the Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line service (e-ticket sent to your email)
- 2 Self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline tours with offline interactive maps to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a skip-the-line e-ticket & a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email from us with further instructions for your tickets and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (250 MB)
- Kindly note that the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill combined e-ticket is valid for 2 consecutive days and visitors can use the e-ticket to get in each site only once.
- The Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill are located in the same archaeological area and count as one admission
- Please note that this package does not offer a tour for the Palatine Hill
- Participants under 18 years old, as well as visitors with disabilities accompanied by one family member / a helper (belonging to the health and social assistance service), are eligible for free admission. Reduced tickets are also available for EU citizens 18-25 years old. Please note that reduced/ free entry tickets are not provided by this supplier
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak at the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Skip the main ticket line and follow the expedited line to the validating machines to enter the archaeological sites. Access is granted only to ticket holders. Tickets need to be printed or downloaded on your phone.
- Wheelchair accessibility is provided to the Colosseum from the entrances located along Via dei Fori Imperiali. The first floor can be accessed by the lift on the northern side of the Amphitheatre. The Roman Forum can be accessed by wheelchair through a dedicated entrance from Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/ 6 or through an elevator near the Arch of Titus
- Kindly note that travellers need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in at the Colosseum. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated
- The booked entrance time is for the Colosseum entrance. After visiting the Colosseum, visitors can enter the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill with the same tickets in the following 2 days
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in the archaeological site
- Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. Delays may occur even for pre-booked visitors, but this is still the speediest entry to the site
- The audio tours can be used anytime, online or offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
Recommended visiting hours
Directions to Starting Point
Skip The Line Tickets Combos
Colosseum: Skip The Line e-Ticket and Audio Tour on Your Smartphone26,50€ 4 hours
Skip The Line Tickets Combos