Experience the Colosseum and the Roman Forum at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and two captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Imperial Rome.
Put on your headphones and explore the fabled Arena, the crater-like Cavea, the Colosseum square, the iconic Arch of Constantine, the Basilica Aemilia and the famed Temple of Caesar through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times.
Tours’ content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace history come alive and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Select date and participants
Contributors and Bibliography
A journalist for Lonely Planet Travel News, a writer for Bossy Italy with an overflowing love for art, travelling and Korean pop music.
Find me on Instagram @beegeddo
Freelance Travel News Reporter @Lonely Planet News
Author @Bossy Italy
Ιndividual visitors’ entrance gate
- Adult entry ticket for the Colosseum, the Roman Forum & the Palatine Hill valid for 24h, for one entrance to the Colosseum & one to Roman Forum-Palatine Hill.
- Skip-the-line service
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- This is a combination of two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and a combo skip-the-line e-ticket for the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- No live guide or meeting point provided
- You will receive an email with important ticket & audio instructions
- Booking requests received between 22:00 to 7:59 a.m. (UTC+02:00) are served from 8:00 a.m. and on
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (250 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site
- The ticket is valid for 24h and for one entrance to the Colosseum and one to the Roman Forum-Palatine Hill
- The Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill are located in the same archaeological area and count as one admission
- This product does not offer a tour for the Palatine Hill
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- All visitors need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in at the Colosseum. Late arrivals will not be accommodated
- The booked entrance time is for the Colosseum entrance. After visiting the Colosseum, visitors can enter the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill with the same ticket(s) in the following 24h
- Large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed
- For safety reasons, the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. Delays may occur even for pre-booked visitors, but this is still the speediest entry to the site
Arena, Basements, Pope’s Cross, Cavea, Daises, Colosseum Square, Arch of Constantine, Stern Abutment, Basilica Aemilia, Comitium and Curia, Arch of Septimius Severus, Temple of Saturn, Main Square, Via Sacra, Temple of Caesar, House of the Vestals, Basilica of Maxentius, Arch of Titus, Temple of Venus and Rome
- January 2 to February 15: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- February 16 to March 15: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- March 16 to last Saturday of March: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(Last Sunday of March to August 31: 8:30 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.)
- September 1 to September 30: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- October 1 to the last Sunday of October: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
(Last Sunday of October to December 31: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
From 8:30 a.m.to one hour before sunset (exceptions: Good Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., June 2 1:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.)
Recommended visiting hours
For the Colosseum, the less crowded hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m and then from 5:00 p.m. until closing time, but the monument is still pretty much always crowded given it’s one of the most important not only in the city but in the whole world.
Spring and Summer are also, of course, a more popular visiting time than Autumn and Winter.
Directions to Starting Point
- Bus: 75 – 81 – 673 – 175 – 204
- Metro: from Termini Station take the underground line B and get off at the Colosseum stop.
- Car: near the Colosseum, there is a car park, easily reachable from Via Fori Imperiali.
- Tram: Line 3