Belem Tower: Skip-The-Line e-ticket with Audio Tour
From: 16,00€ per person
Entrance e-ticketUse your phone or print the voucher
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
English, Deutsch, FrançaisFor both audio and stories included
From: 16,00€ per person
The Belém Tower stands guard at the mouth of the river Tagus on the outskirts of Lisbon. Staring out to the Atlantic from the west side of the Tower, you can almost see, in your mind’s eye, the three-masted ships of Vasco da Gama, Pedro Álvares Cabral, Bartolomeu Dias, and Ferdinand Magellan, sailing out to discover the world.
Experience the Belem Tower at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel in time to experience the uniqueness of the Belem Tower.
Put on your headphones and explore the Chapel, the Tower Terrace, and the Forte do Bom Sucesso, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes regarding the breathtaking place called Belem Tower. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Belem Tower and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The point of departure
Thanks to its strategic position at the mouth of one of the most prosperous natural harbours in Europe, Belém became the cradle of the Portuguese Age of Discovery and home to a motley crew of sailors, fishermen and merchants, who sailed between the ancient province of Lusitania and beyond. Since before the Age of Discovery, the small village of Restelo was populated by intrepid sea-faring people. The growth of the Portuguese Empire in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries led to the construction of two of the city's symbols: the Belém Tower and the Belém Monastery, both sublime examples of the architectural style known as Manuelino.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Belem Tower
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones
Belem Tower’s garden
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Belem Tower’s garden (1400-038 Lisbon, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Largo Da Princesa Bus Stop (1400-024 Lisbon, Portugal) and by walking approximately 550 meters towards the Belem Tower.
The tour ends at the entrance of the Belem Tower again (Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal).
Opening hours for Belem Tower
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday-Sunday 10AM – 5PM
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Belem Tower
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
The Belem Tower is not wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!