Audio ToursFrom 9,99€ per person
Experience Athens and Syros capital, Ermoupolis at your own pace with a combo audio tour for the two cities’ walking tour, with two captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive the details by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Athens from the city’s unique mysteries and stories to Ermoupolis, the dazzling capital of Syros.
Put on your headphones and discover the city of Athens and Ermoupolis in Syros, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the city’s unique past. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Athens and Syros and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Why does the first lighthouse of the Aegean, the work of Bavarian architect Erlacher, shine on Syros? Because this is the sea route between East and West, uniting Egypt with the Dardanelles. French and Italian shipping companies had commercial interests here up until 1960. Then began the decline of Syros and the boats were stranded. Now under the stairs of Saint Nikolaos bare bodies lie stranded in the sun, ordering cocktails at the bar called "Stars" listening to pop and latin music. At night they offer candlelit romantic wedding dinners. Under the stars and the Big Dipper.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Recommended visiting hours
The tours can be taken whenever during the day. It is advisable to take the tour before sunset
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- The 2 audio tours cover the city tour of Athens, Ermoupolis in Syros
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
Know before you go
- Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!