From: 12,00€ per person
There was never a place as legendary as Troy, the city immortalized by Homer. Poetic fantasy or reality? That was the question until the 19th-century discoveries. Today, the archaeological site of Troy echoes memories not only of the Homeric city but also of the settlements that preceded and followed its destruction.
Experience Ancient Troy at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Ancient Troy.
Put on your headphones and explore the Trojan Horse, the Pithos Garden and the Eternal Stone of Troy through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to enjoy a skip-the-line entry in the archaeological site of Ancient Troy and discover the truth behind the world-renowned mythological story.
The archaeological site of Troy is situated next to the small village of Tevfikiye. The closest city is Çanakkale, located about 30 kilometers to the north. Regular shuttle buses connect Troy with Çanakkale, departing from Çanakkale roughly every hour. There is only one entrance to the archaeological site of Troy and the sightseeing path is well- marked with numerous signposts. For ease of viewing, there are multiple wooden platforms around the site.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Archaeological site of Ancient Troy
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start/end at the main entrance of the archaeological site of Ancient Troy (117100 Kalafat/Çanakkale Merkez/Çanakkale, Turkey). The best way to get there is by car.
Trojan Horse, Pithos Garden, Eternal stone of Troy, Eastern Tower, Walls and Gate of Troy VI, Troy VI NE bastion and Temple of Athena, Citadel and Megaron of Troy II/III, Fortification Walls of Troy I, Manor House of Troy II, Schliemann’s Trench, Walls.
Troy Ruins opening hours are between 08:30 in the morning and 19:30 in the evening from 1 April to 31 October in the summer season. From November 1 and March 31, which is the winter season, it closes at 17:30 in the evening.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone and an entry ticket for the archaeological site of Ancient Troy.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Participants under 18 years old, as well as visitors with disabilities accompanied by one family member / a helper (belonging to the health and social assistance service), are eligible for free admission. Reduced tickets are also available for EU citizens 18-25 years old
- This is an adult ticket with skip the line service. Please note that reduced/ free entry tickets are not provided by this supplier
- Please note that not all parts of the site are wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Please note that (marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket and it’s not accepted at the entrance
- Download the ticket & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets are accepted in either printed or digital format on your phone. Your ticket will be purchased under the name of our company’s legal representative, hence the different name on it. This will cause no issue.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Kindly note that travelers need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in the site
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!