$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Alcázar de Segovia with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Segovia. Start your tour from the Square of Queen Victoria Eugenia, and continue to explore the magnificent rooms of the Castle, narrating the history of the Spanish Crown in Segovia.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Alcázar de Segovia with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Alcázar de Segovia is not included.
The Trastamara’s Favourite
Over the centuries, the Alcazar has been a Roman fort, a medieval fortress, a royal palace, the guardian of the royal treasury, a prison, a Royal College of artillery, and currently, an archive and museum. That’s quite some history! On top the Castilian monarchy made it the most stunning palace in Castile. Isabella I, the Catholic Monarch, was living in Alcázar when she was proclaimed Queen. Philip II also got married here. Ultimately, Alphonse VIII and his wife (Eleanor of England made it their favourite residence - as part of a plan to fortify Castile by renovating old military structures. The building definitely provided security. But its proximity to key hunting areas was key to its status as ‘preferred residence’ to the Trastámara dynasty.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Alcázar de Segovia is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Square of Queen Victoria Eugenia (Plaza de la Reina Victoria Eugenia, 40003 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by bus. Stop at the Alcázar bus station and walk 3 minutes to reach the Square.
The Throne Room | The Arms Room | The Fireplace Room | The Arms Room | The Fireplace Room
Opening hours for Alcázar de Segovia
Recommended visiting hours
1 November – 31 March, 10:00 – 18:00 h.
1 April – 31 October, 10:00 – 20:00 h.
Special Occasions 2023
24 December, 10:00- 14:30 h
31 December 10:00- 14:30 h
5 January, 10:00- 14:30 h
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Alcázar de Segovia are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- For visiting Torre de Juan II you need to buy an extra ticket.
- The last visit to the Alcázar de Segovia is at 16:30 during Low Season and 18:30 during High Season.
- The time allowance for the Alcázar de Segovia is 40 to 45 minutes, while for the Torre de Juan II is 25 minutes.
- Entrance for children under 5 years old is free.
- Entrance for people with disability over 65% is free.
- The Alcázar de Segovia is wheelchair accessible. Please, note that not all areas are wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!