From per person
Experience the Alcázar de Segovia at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of the Alcázar de Segovia; the Royal Palace, the Prison, the Museum.
Put on your headphones and explore the Throne Room, the Clock Courtyard and the Arms Room through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Alcázar de Segovia, the former Royal Palace narrating the fascinating history of the Spanish Crown and relate to the exhibits in an entirely original way.
The Trastamara’s Favourite
Over the centuries, the Alcazar has been a Roman fort, a medieval fortress, a royal palace, the guardian of the royal treasury, a prison, a Royal College of artillery, and currently, an archive and museum. That’s quite some history! On top the Castilian monarchy made it the most stunning palace in Castile. Isabella I, the Catholic Monarch, was living in Alcázar when she was proclaimed Queen. Philip II also got married here. Ultimately, Alphonse VIII and his wife (Eleanor of England made it their favourite residence - as part of a plan to fortify Castile by renovating old military structures. The building definitely provided security. But its proximity to key hunting areas was key to its status as ‘preferred residence’ to the Trastámara dynasty.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Alcázar de Segovia
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Square of Queen Victoria Eugenia (Plaza de la Reina Victoria Eugenia, 40003 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by bus. Stop at the Alcázar bus station and walk 3 minutes to reach the Square.
The Throne Room/ The Arms Room/ The Fireplace Room
Opening hours for Alcázar de Segovia
Recommended visiting hours
1 November – 31 March, 10:00 – 18:00 h.
1 April – 31 October, 10:00 – 20:00 h.
24 December, 10:00- 14:30 h
31 December 10:00- 14:30 h
5 January, 10:00- 14:30 h
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Alcázar de Segovia.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- For visiting Torre de Juan II you need to buy an extra ticket.
- The last visit to the Alcázar de Segovia is at 16:30 during Low Season and 18:30 during High Season.
- The time allowance for the Alcázar de Segovia is 40 to 45 minutes, while for the Torre de Juan II is 25 minutes.
- Entrance for children under 5 years old is free.
- Entrance for people with disability over 65% is free.
- The Alcázar de Segovia is wheelchair accessible. Please, note that some areas are not wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!