Explore at your own pace the Acropolis Hill and the dazzling Acropolis Museum with a combination of e-tickets and two immersive audio tours on your smartphone.
Travel back in time to experience the glory of Classical Athens. Listen to a brilliantly tied narrative that will fire up your imagination. Experience the architectural wonders of the Golden Age of Ancient Athens and admire some of the finest examples of ancient Greek art.
Explore, first, the south slopes of the Acropolis to discover the Theatre of Dionysus, believed to be the first theatre in the world, as well as the Asclepieion. Also, gain valuable insights about life in ancient Athens. Then, you’ll walk through the imposing walls of the Propylaea and discover an ensemble of grand temples; the temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and the illustrious Parthenon. The latter is the home to countless tales about the divine ancestors of the Athenians and the mythical origins of their glorious city.
Follow in the steps of world-famous historical figures, such as Socrates and Pericles. Get valuable insights about the lives of ancient Greeks. During your walk in the archaeological site, you’ll have the opportunity to unlock the secrets of ancient masonry and witness the unparalleled excellence of Athenian architecture. Whereas in the Acropolis Museum, the exhibits will guide you through the engrossing journey of the city’s transition to democracy.
You’ll also enjoy an exciting and comprehensive presentation of the evolution of ancient Greek style; from its early steps to the artistic revolutions of the classical era. You will be able to meet various iconic attractions, such as the Caryatids and the sculptural decoration of the Parthenon. They will make sure to excite your imagination will with their riveting narratives.
This experience is a unique opportunity to visit the two must-see attractions of Athens; the Acropolis Hill and the modern Museum of Acropolis. In addition, this combo is accompanied by two award-winning storytelling audio tours, that will offer you a different perspective of ancient Greek history.
Never say never
Time heals all and eventually even the Athenians realized it was time to move on. A new generation, wealthy, strong, and resolute came to power in the middle of the 5th century BCE and decided to express their newfound confidence with a grand architectural program. The mastermind behind it was Pericles, the great Athenian statesman, who envisioned a series of temples on the Acropolis that would provide a large segment of the population with steady employment, while advertising to the Greek world the power and glory of Athens. He entrusted his vision to the greatest sculptor of his time, Phidias, who supervised a brilliant group of architects, stonemasons, and artists.
Select date and participants
The first audio tour is designed to start at the side Acropolis entrance from the south-east slopes of the hill (Thrasillou, Athens, 105 58). The second audio tour is designed to start at the Acropolis Museum Main Entrance (15 Dionysiou Areopagitou Street).
- Entrance fee/ adult e-tickets for the Acropolis Museum & the Acropolis archaeological site
- Two self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with offline interactive maps to avoid roaming charges.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or Headphones
- The app is not compatible with Windows Phones
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of pre-booked e-tickets for the Acropolis Hill & the Acropolis Museum & two downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions for your tickets and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Booking requests received between 10.00 p.m. – 7.59 a.m. will be served the next morning from 8.00 a.m.
- Please note that you must have an Android or iOS smartphone
- The audio tours are not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (200 MB)
- EU citizens aged 0-25 are entitled to have free admission tickets (for Acropolis Hill) However, they have to wait in line to show ID card or passport.
- For Acropolis Hill: From 1 April to 31 October children and young people aged between 6 and 25 years, from non-European Union countries, are entlitled for reduced admission upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin. However, they have to wait in line.
- For Acropolis Hill: From 1 April to 31 October senior citizens over 65 from Greece or other EU member-states and the European Economic Area, are eligible for reduced admission upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin. This category also loses the Skip-the-Line privilege.
- EU citizens aged 0-18 are entitled to have free admission tickets( for Acropolis Museum). However, they have to wait in line to show ID card or passport.
- For Acropolis Museum: Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries are eligible for reduced admission fee, but they will have to wait in line with current identification card to confirm age.
- For Acropolis Museum: Greek Senior citizens and Senior citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, are eligible for reduced admission with current identification card to confirm age. However they will have to wait in line.
- To receive a full refund, travellers may cancel up to 24 hours before the experience start date in the local timezone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the Acropolis Hill. So please download the e-tickets and audio tours on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy them offline
- The audio tours can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy them.
- In the Acropolis archaeological site, head to the validating machines and show your e-ticket. Likewise, in the Acropolis Museum skip also the main ticket line and proceed directly to the expedited line to get your ticket scanned
- Please note that upon arrival at the Acropolis Museum, visitors go through a security check. To avoid delays, avoid carrying large bags and luggage
- Kindly note that due to the uneven ground at the Acropolis Hill, this tour isn’t wheelchair accessible.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.