Senior Mobile Applications Engineer
Reports to: CEO / Head Of IT
A few words about Clio Muse Tours
The idea of Clio Muse came to life when our three co-founders first met in 2012. Despite
coming from different academic backgrounds, they all had a special place in their hearts
for Culture. They founded the company in 2014. Since then, their hard work,
complementary personalities, tastes, and skills transformed the small start-up into a
successful and growing business that employs 36 people. Each team member has been
selected for their unique personality, creativity, and positive attitude. And apart from
each position’s requirements, we seek these traits in a colleague.
We seek a highly skilled and versatile Senior Mobile Applications Engineer with a strong
orientation in Android Development and familiarity with iOS Development. You will lead our
mobile application team and develop and maintain our Android application while
coordinating with the iOS team to ensure a seamless cross-platform experience.
● Lead the design and development of advanced applications for the Android platform
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
● Write clean, maintainable, efficient code and conduct peer code reviews.
● Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize
● Work closely with product and design teams to create responsive interfaces and
easy-to-use, intuitive applications.
● Coordinate with iOS developers to ensure a consistent and optimized cross-platform
● Work with back-end developers to define and test necessary APIs.
● Mentor junior and mid-level developers, fostering a culture of technical excellence.
● Keep updated on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
● Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
● Proven software development experience with 5+ years in mobile application
development and a strong emphasis on Android Development.
● At least one original Android app was published, with a portfolio of native
● Experience with Android SDK & different versions of Android.
● Familiarity with iOS development and Swift, understanding of iOS design patterns,
and dealing with different iOS versions.
● Demonstrated experience with offline data storage and caching mechanisms like SQLite, Realm, or other ORM libraries.
● Familiarity with the intricacies of different offline storage methods and the ability to
choose the most appropriate one for a given task.
● Proficiency in managing and optimizing data loading and synchronization between
an offline storage and a remote server.
● Experience with robust error and state handling during synchronization processes.
● Knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency mechanisms on Android, including
Handlers, AsyncTasks, Loaders, and more. Understanding of how to utilize these
tools to create a smooth user experience.
● Strong understanding of performance tuning techniques in Android, such as
optimizing layouts, reducing APK size, efficient bitmap loading, and memory leak
● Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
● Knowledge of the open-source Android and iOS ecosystem and the libraries
available for everyday tasks.
● Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines.
● Proficient in code versioning tools, such as Git.
● Familiarity with continuous integration and agile development methodologies.
● Leadership skills and experience leading a team of developers.
Nice to have
● Hands-on experience with audio and video handling for online streaming and offline
playback. Familiarity with relevant Android libraries and frameworks, such as
ExoPlayer or MediaPlayer.
● Experience with background audio play and understanding of its interaction with
other apps and system components. Ability to handle audio focus changes and
manage audio ducking.
● Experience implementing audio content download and storage for offline use and keeping it up to date with remote changes.
● Familiarity with various audio formats and the ability to ensure the best quality and
performance on different Android devices.
● Knowledge of accessibility considerations for audio content, including support for
subtitles or captions.
● You enjoy the flexibility of a medium-sized business where you can have a big
impact that will reward you
● Looking for a steady career path. We need motivated people to turn our business
into a global success
● Join a diverse and friendly work environment
● Looking to work along with experienced front-end and back-end developers that will
help you hone your programming skills
● Hybrid working.
● Flexible starting time (8.00 – 10.00 AM to 16.00 – 18.00 PM).
● Company devices (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, supplied one-off).
● Comprehensive health insurance coverage
● Traveling budget up to 1,000 € / year
● Entry tickets for archaeological sites.
● Extra annual paid leave (plus paid student and birthday leave).
● Educational budget for e-courses and seminars.
● Wedding gift.
● Extra parental leave (plus 6 days).
● Snacks, fruits, and coffee at the office.
● Social events and team-building activities to foster a positive and engaging work
● Professional development programs with access to workshops and short courses